Villas and building plots front line in Orihuela Costa
 New build properties on Las Colinas Golf
 Best estate agent in Cabo Roig: Mevilla A.P.I. 941
 Mevilla, estate agent for luxury property in La Zenia, Cabo Roig, Campoamor and Playa Flamenca since 1999
 Exclusive property in Cabo Roig, La Zenia, Playa Flamenca and Campoamor
 Front line villas and plots with sea views in Orihuela, Costa Blanca

Townhouses for Sale in Cabo Roig Orihuela Costa

All you need to know about the energy performance certificates

For years all new construction homes in Spain must have an energy performance certificate. In this article we tell you everything there is to know about them.

Efficiency certificates specified using a scale of seven letters from A to G, the level of CO2 emissions compared to the dimensions of the building. Thus, it is intended that the purchaser or tenant can assess and compare the energy efficiency as an added factor for making decisions to buy or rent.

From Mevilla CB we tell you in this article all you need to know about the energy performance certificates.

What is the energy certificate?

In construction, energy efficiency is calculated by measuring the energy consumed each year in normal use and occupation. To do this takes into account all services used regularly as heating, cooling, ventilation, domestic hot water and lighting in order to maintain the conditions of thermal and lighting comfort, their water needs hot and indoor air quality.

Specifically, the indicator captures CO2 kilograms divided by the square meters of housing (kg CO2 / m2 per year). For those with a ratio of emissions below 6.8 kg CO2 / m2 per year it is assigned the letter A, the highest rating. The worst grade (G) is for those properties that exceed 70.9 kg C02 / m2 per year.

What properties must be certified?

Usually all properties for sale or rent. The legislation includes some exceptions to the buildings must apply for the certificate, although most are not representative of the current housing stock.

When you have to deliver the certificate?

Owners wishing to sell their flats must be made available to buyers this title in the time when the operation is performed, while in the case of rent the landlord must give a copy to the tenant. That is, you can not apply for the certificate once it has completed the sale or lease of the property. This certificate is valid for ten years.

Where you may ask for it?

Those interested in applying for the certificate must go to possess the technical qualifications enabling (architects or engineers). The owner shall be free to choose them.

How much does it cost?

There is a certain price. Each technician performs its proposal. Some websites allow you to access the offers available considering the type of property and area of residence.

What are the penalties?

The law provides penalties ranging from 300 euros to 600 euros in the case of minor offenses, 601 of 1,000 euro for the serious and 1,001 to 6,000 euros for very serious.

CB Mevilla, your trusted real estate in Cabo Roig.

Do you have more questions about the energy performance certificates? ¿Any other aspect related to the sale of homes?

Contact Mevilla CB and help you with anything that you need. Check out the catalogue of our website where you can find different housing characteristics. In our real estate properties only offer agreed directly with the owner, without intermediaries and best price.

© 2020 Mevilla Real Estate S.L. · legal · Privacy · Web Map